Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenMPI, PLPA and Linux cpuset/cgroup support
From: Chris Samuel (csamuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-24 09:57:22

Hi Ralph,

----- "Ralph Castain" <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Ummm....I'll let you guys work this out on PLPA. However, just to
> clarify, OMPI currently binds to cores, not logical cpus. It is the
> PLPA that is "dumb" and provides the plumbing to do what OMPI tells
> it.
>
> :-)

Ahh, if that's the case then this isn't something that PLPA
needs to be involved in then! I'm getting confused here,
haven't had a coffee since Monday, must be the reason. :-)

What we really want is for the usual execution of:

mpiexec /path/to/my/code $arguments

to launch via the PBS TM API, work out what cores are
available to it on the nodes assigned to it and then
bind appropriately to them. Easy, see.. ;-)

cheers!
Chris