Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenMPI, PLPA and Linux cpuset/cgroup support
From: Chris Samuel (csamuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-19 20:14:53

----- "Ralph Castain" <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Should just be
>
> -mca paffinity_base_verbose 5
>
> Any value greater than 4 should turn it "on"

Yup, that's what I was trying, but couldn't get any output.

> Something I should have mentioned. The paffinity_base_service.c file
> is solely used by the rank_file syntax. It has nothing to do with
> setting mpi_paffinity_alone and letting OMPI self-determine the
> process-to-core binding.

That would explain why I'm not seeing any output from it
then, it and the solaris module are the only ones containing
any opal_output() statements in the paffinity section of MCA.

I'll try scattering some opal_output()'s into the linux module
instead along the same lines as the base module.

> You want to dig into the linux module code that calls down
> into the plpa. The same mca param should give you messages
> from the module, and -might- give you messages from inside
> plpa (not sure of the latter).

The PLPA output is not run time selectable:

#if defined(PLPA_DEBUG) && PLPA_DEBUG && 0

:-)

cheers,
Chris