Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenMPI, PLPA and Linux cpuset/cgroup support
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-18 23:09:32

No, that should be fine - if you are on a Linux system, the PLPA would
automatically be selected.

That said, it is possible it would reject support if the kernel isn't
compatible. You can check what it does by setting:

-mca paffinity_base_verbose 10

This will tell you what module is loaded. If PLPA -can- run, you
should see the linux module selected.

I suspect, though, that it can since it didn't abort on you when you
set -mca paffinity linux. In that case, you told it to select the
linux module. If PLPA can't run, then that module would refuse to be
selected, which should cause the MPI proc to abort.