Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] selectively bind MPI to one HCA out of available ones
From: neeraj_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-07-16 04:23:49

Thanks a lot Pasha,
You saved lot of my time.
Thanks

Regards

Neeraj Chourasia (MTS)
Computational Research Laboratories Ltd.
(A wholly Owned Subsidiary of TATA SONS Ltd)
B-101, ICC Trade Towers, Senapati Bapat Road
Pune 411016 (Mah) INDIA
(O) +91-20-6620 9863 (Fax) +91-20-6620 9862
M: +91.9225520634

"Pavel Shamis (Pasha)" <pashash_at_[hidden]>
Sent by: devel-bounces_at_[hidden]
07/16/2009 01:50 PM
Please respond to
pasha_at_[hidden]; Please respond to
Open MPI Developers <devel_at_[hidden]>

Open MPI Developers <devel_at_[hidden]>
cc
Open MPI Users <users_at_[hidden]>
Subject
Re: [OMPI devel] selectively bind MPI to one HCA out of available ones

Hi,
You can select ib device used with openib btl by using follow parametres:
 MCA btl: parameter "btl_openib_if_include" (current value: <none>, data
source: default value)
                          Comma-delimited list of devices/ports to be
used (e.g. "mthca0,mthca1:2"; empty value means to
                          use all ports found). Mutually exclusive with
btl_openib_if_exclude.
 MCA btl: parameter "btl_openib_if_exclude" (current value: <none>, data
source: default value)
                          Comma-delimited list of device/ports to be
excluded (empty value means to not exclude any
                          ports). Mutually exclusive with
btl_openib_if_include.

For example, if you want to use first port on mthc0 you command line
will look like:

mpirun -np............. --mca btl_openib_if_include mthca0:1 ....

Pasha