Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI users] where can i get a tracing tool
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-14 21:54:58

Zou, Lin (GE, Research, Consultant) wrote:
Hi all,
I want to trace my program, having used vampirTrace to generate  tracing info, except for Vampir, where can I download free tools to parse the tracing info?
Thanks in advance.
Lin
This message appeared on the users list yesterday.  For a long time, I've been meaning to add a perf-tool section to the FAQ.  I finally did so, incorporating questions and answers from the users and devel lists that I've seen on this subject in the last few months.  I just put the changes back and as soon as I see the pages "live" I'll respond to the user on the user list.  Please take a look.  You can make changes as you like or give me feedback and I can do it.

I acknowledge that there is a conflict of interests in my recommending Sun MPI Analyzer, but I believe I've done so tastefully and appropriately!  Throw tomatoes if you see fit.

P.S.  Until the page goes live, I'll also leave it at http://www.osl.iu.edu/~eloh/faq/?category=perftools .  Or, check out a workspace.