Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] complete newbie question regarding --enable-mpi-profile option
From: Nikolay Molchanov (Nikolay.Molchanov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-15 01:18:50

Hi Leo,

If you want to get the profiling information, you can try Sun Studio
Performance Analyzer. You can download SS12.1 EA release -
here is a pointer to the web page:

http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/downloads/express/index.jsp

Final version will be available soon, but EA should be good enough
to try :-) I suggest you to download EA as a tar file, extract it,
set PATH, and run the following commands:

$ collect -M OPENMPI mpirun -np 2 -- hello

Note: it is necessary to add "--" after mpirun arguments.
This command will create a "test.1.er" directory (experiment).
To view the experiment, run "analyzer" (Java GUI tool):

$ analyzer test.1.er

If everything works properly you will see MPI Timeline and other tabs,
that show profiling information. Please, make sure you have java 1.5 or
newer in your PATH.

Thanks,
Nik