Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [RFC] Low pressure OPAL progress
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 12:03:06

On Jun 9, 2009, at 8:31 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:

> 4. Note, too, that opal_progress() doesn't see *all* progress - the
> openib BTL doesn't use opal_progress to know when OpenFabrics messages
> arrive, for example.

Wait, I lied -- sorry.

opal_progress will call the bml progress, which then calls each of the
btl processes (or we changed it so that opal_progress directly calls
each btl progres -- I forget which). So technically opal_progress
will see that "something" happened. But what that "something" is is
unknown -- it could be a control message, or somesuch.

(I don't recall offhand what the openib btl's progress function returns)

Cisco Systems