Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] opal / fortran / Flogical
From: Iain Bason (Iain.Bason_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-03 12:58:50

On Jun 2, 2009, at 10:24 AM, Rainer Keller wrote:

> no, that's not an issue. The comment is correct: For any Fortran
> integer*kind
> we need to have _some_ C-representation as well, otherwise we
> disregard the
> type (tm), see e.g. the old and resolved ticket #1094.
> The representation chosen is set in opal/util/arch.c and is
> conclusive as far
> as I can tell...

Doesn't that mean that the comment is misleading? I interpret it as
saying that a Fortran "default integer" is always the same as a C
"int". I believe that you are saying that it really means that *any*
kind of Fortran integer must be the same as one of C's integral types,
or OpenMPI won't support it at all. Shouldn't the comment be clearer?

Iain