Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] opal / fortran / Flogical
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-02 09:57:46

On Jun 2, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Rainer Keller wrote:

> > Rainer -- is it safe for Ralph to move the arch.c stuff back up into
> > OMPI, or will that conflict with your stuff?
> Yes, we use it.
> Please leave it at the OPAL layer. We need a way to describe and
> store the
> remote architecture at the OPAL layer.

Question about the fortran stuff in opal/util/arch.c...

I see the following comment:

** The fortran integer is dismissed here, since there is no
** platform known to me, were fortran and C-integer do not match

You can tell the intel compiler (and maybe others?) to compile fortran
with double-sized integers and reals. Are we disregarding this?
I.e., does this make this portion of the datatype heterogeneity
detection incorrect?

Cisco Systems