Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] problem in the ORTE notifier framework
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-28 08:48:18

On May 28, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> The code in 1.3 is definitely different from the trunk as it lags
> quite a bit behind. However, the trunk definitely does include the
> code I referenced.
>
> Not sure why the hg mirror wouldn't have it. I would have to defer
> to Jeff on that question - could be a bug in the update macro that
> maintains the mirror?

FWIW: I see the code right here:

http://www.open-mpi.org/hg/hgwebdir.cgi/ompi-svn-mirror/file/tip/orte/mca/notifier/base/notifier_base_select.c#l72

> I haven't checked the opal_sos branch to see if it has the code in
> it, but I would have thought those guys were tracking the trunk that
> closely - that code was committed in r19209.

Yes, the opal-sos branch has a variant of this as well. Note that we
changed the notifier framework in the opal-sos branch to be many-of-
many, not one-of-many. Specifically: the trunk will select the *one*
available notifier with the highest priority. The opal-sos branch
will select *all* available notifiers and then subsequently invoke
them in priority order.

Cisco Systems