Subject: [OMPI devel] MTT: added long COMM_SPAWN test
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-20 13:27:36

I just added a loop_spawn test to the IBM test suite that,
unsurprisingly, does a big ol' loop over COMM_SPAWN (2000 spawns, to
be exact).

Those who are running the IBM test suite in MTT, take note: it takes a
long time to complete -- probably longer than your default timeout. I
added the following to my INI file in my IBM test run section:

# Big loop o' spawns
loop_spawn:tests = dynamic/loop_spawn
loop_spawn:np = 1
loop_spawn:pass = &and(&test_wifexited(), &eq(&test_wexitstatus(),0))
loop_spawn:exclusive = 1
loop_spawn:timeout = 600

On the trunk with btl=tcp,self and np=1 on 3-year-old xeon 4-core
server, it ran in about 3.5 minutes. It failed with btl-openib,self
after about 1300 spawns (claiming not enough qp's). I'll file a
ticket about that.

It fails on v1.3 after ~120 spawns (regardless of BTL) claiming it had
run out of fd's. I'll file a ticket about that.

Cisco Systems