Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] totalview with OMPI 1.3 on rh5 linux
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-15 10:26:21

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 07:43 -0600, Ralph Castain wrote:
> We are running it with 1.3.2, last I heard - haven't tried the current
> 1.3 branch. Ashley reported a problem with some other symbol that
> couldn't be loaded that blocked him on message queue debugging, but
> that was on the trunk.

My problem is that the library opens but is expecting to find a symbol
in the application that isn't there, it sounds like terry problem is the
debugger isn't loading the so.

> Sounds like we are missing at least a couple of header files.

My first thought for this would be to write a simple C program to
dlopen() the so and see if that works, both with RTLD_NOW and RTLD_LAZY
as I don't know which TotalView uses. Try something like the following.

#include <dlfcn.h>

int main (argc, argv)
     int argc;
     char *argv[];