Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Build failures on trunk? r21235
From: Brian W. Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-14 14:22:58

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> On May 14, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
>
>> A more permanent workaround could be in OpenMPI to list each library
>> that is used *directly* by some other library as a dependency. Sigh.
>
> We actually took pains to *not* do that; we *used* to do that and explicitly
> took it out. :-\ IIRC, it had something to do with dlopen'ing libmpi.so...?

Actually, I think that was something else. Today, libopen-rte.la lists
libopen-pal.la as a dependency and libmpi.la lists libopen-rte.la. I had
removed the dependency of libmpi.la on libopen-pal.la because it was
causing libopen-pal.so to be listed twice by libtool, which was causing
problems.

It would be a trivial fix to change the Makefiles to make libmpi.la to
depend on libopen-pal.la as well as libopen-rte.la.

Brian