Do we really want to go with a release candidate instead of an official
release? That sounds pretty risky to me...
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> How long do we want to wait for 1.3.3? It looks like they're have a new RC
> for ROMIO on May 15th -- can we wait that long? At a minimum, it'll take a
> day or three to integrate the new ROMIO into OMPI.
> Begin forwarded message:
> From: Rob Latham <robl_at_[hidden]>
>> Date: April 30, 2009 12:00:22 PM EDT
>> To: Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]>
>> Cc: romio-maint_at_[hidden]
>> Subject: Re: [ROMIO Req #947] New version of ROMIO?
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 03:18:11PM -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>>> I can wait a week or so -- it sounds like I should? It is definitely
>>> much easier for us to say "we have the ROMIO from MPICH2 x.y.z" than to
>>> say "we have ROMIO from MPICH2's SVN rXYZ" -- the first is significantly
>>> easier for users the understand and compare behavior to.
>> Pavan says we'll have a release-candidate on may 15th. Perhaps that
>> will be the best one to use, if you can wait that long.
>> Rob Latham
>> Mathematics and Computer Science Division
>> Argonne National Lab, IL USA
> Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems
> devel mailing list