Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] vampirtrace on v1.3 branch
From: Andreas Knüpfer (andreas.knuepfer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-30 08:08:53

On Tuesday 28 April 2009, Terry Dontje wrote:
> Has anyone tested running a simple program compiled with mpicc-vt that
> was built on RHEL 5.1 or SLES-10 with gcc under 32 bits?
>
> I am seeing the following errors when running compiled code:
> VampirTrace: BFD: bfd_get_file_flags(): failed
>
> Note the trunk seems to be working fine and I have other issues with 64
> bit (that I haven't debugged). I see similar errors with Sun Studio.
>
> --td

Hi Terry,

this has to do with resolving the symbols in the executable themselves. In
order to find the problem, could you please send me the output of 'ldd' with
this executable.

Do you need a workaround for the problem for now? There is an easy one, but I
assume this was only a test, wasn't it?

Andreas