Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenMPI without RSH
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-29 15:14:23

On Apr 29, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Jerry Ye wrote:

> It actually turned out to be something on my end. The modification
> actually works. :-)

Excellent.

> As Rayson guessed, I am using Hadoop. I actually didn’t know that
> OpenMPI was integrated with Torque but we’re moving away from using
> Torque. In terms of making the code public, I’ll have to double
> check, but there weren’t too many changes involved.

Let me phrase the question a little differently -- is this something
that Yahoo would consider contributing to the Open MPI project?

We try to support as many job launchers as possible (Torque and rsh/
ssh are but 2 of many). Supporting Hadoop would be cool, if possible.

Do you see many users using MPI over Hadoop?

Cisco Systems