Subject: [OMPI devel] OpenMPI without RSH
From: Jerry Ye (jerryye_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-29 13:38:26

Hi,
I'm currently working in an environment where I cannot use SSH to launch child processes. Instead, the process with rank 0 skips the ssh_child function in plm_rsh_module.c and the child processes are all started at the same time on different machines. Coordination is done with static jobids and ports. I have sucessfully modified the code to get the hello_c example working. However, I'm having problems with inter-process communication when using MPI_Bcast. Is there something else that I'm obviously missing?

Thanks.

- jerry