No offense, but I would like some better evidence that the new changes
are more complete than this last round. It was disturbing to find that
the changes were not in fact ready to come into the trunk - as Rainer
noted, he had to include a separate commit that actually broke the
system because he couldn't make it compile with his changes.
Unfortunately, this situation was not communicated *prior* to agreeing
to the RFC.
I would like to see some concrete evidence that this next round
doesn't suffer from similar deficiencies before it enters the system.
Otherwise, let's branch now (once we recover from this last
disruption). Greg's changes are not critical for making the system
work, and don't represent a new "feature" - they can come into the
system at any point down the road once we have assurance that they
On Apr 29, 2009, at 4:29 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Let's let the #include changes settle down a bit and then let's get
> Greg's stuff in. Then let's let that settle, and then we'll branch
> for 1.5.
> On Apr 28, 2009, at 10:32 PM, Rainer Keller wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> as You may have noticed, the two patches for header cleanup have been
>> committed (SVN: r21095, r21096). Thanks Ralph.
>> Up to now, the consensus was, that the renaming patches by Gregory
>> should be integrated just before branching to minimize drift
>> between branch
>> and trunk.
>> Now is the time ;-) End of this week, just before the branch is
>> done, Greg
>> would apply the name changes. Ralph&Jeff, please let us know, when
>> You'll plan
>> to make the move. Thanks!
>> With best regards,
>> On Tuesday 28 April 2009 12:50:03 pm Ralph Castain wrote:
>> > Hi folks
>> > We are ready to branch the next feature release series - tagged
>> 1.5. Rainer
>> > will be doing a rather intrusive commit later this evening to
>> > unnecessary header file dependencies. Once the dust from that
>> > (probably end of the week), we will do the branch.
>> > For now, the branch will be done via subversion. Once the IU
>> > to support Mercurial is completed, the branch and the rest of the
>> > repository will be converted to Mercurial. We would rather just
>> do the
>> > branch now instead of wait for that to be completed.
>> > So this is just a "heads up". Please let us know if there are any
>> > with that plan.
>> > Ralph & Jeff
>> > aka. Mutt & Jeff (for those of you old enough to remember that
>> comic strip)
>> > No wait....that should be Ralph & the Mutt!
>> Rainer Keller, PhD Tel: +1 (865) 241-6293
>> Oak Ridge National Lab Fax: +1 (865) 241-4811
>> PO Box 2008 MS 6164 Email: keller_at_[hidden]
>> Oak Ridge, TN 37831-2008 AIM/Skype: rusraink
>> devel mailing list
> Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems
> devel mailing list