Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Branching for 1.5.0
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-28 13:02:57

Arf!

-jms
Sent from my PDA. No type good.

________________________________

From: devel-bounces_at_[hidden] <devel-bounces_at_[hidden]>
To: Open MPI Developers <devel_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tue Apr 28 12:50:03 2009
Subject: [OMPI devel] Branching for 1.5.0

Hi folks

We are ready to branch the next feature release series - tagged 1.5. Rainer will be doing a rather intrusive commit later this evening to cleanup unnecessary header file dependencies. Once the dust from that settles (probably end of the week), we will do the branch.

For now, the branch will be done via subversion. Once the IU infrastructure to support Mercurial is completed, the branch and the rest of the repository will be converted to Mercurial. We would rather just do the branch now instead of wait for that to be completed.

So this is just a "heads up". Please let us know if there are any concerns with that plan.

Ralph & Jeff
aka. Mutt & Jeff (for those of you old enough to remember that comic strip)

No wait....that should be Ralph & the Mutt!