Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] bug in mca_mpool_base_module_create()
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-21 10:55:17

On Apr 21, 2009, at 10:51 AM, George Bosilca wrote:

> I wonder why the mpool is so special that it doesn't inherit the logic
> from the MCA base with regard to opening only the components that
> match the user input?

Note the commit message:

Correctly check for the case where we didn't find the mpool that we
were looking for. This makes the openib btl fail a little more
gracefully (for example) if you specify a bogus value to
btl_openib_mpool.

The mpool does inherit the same logic for handling of "--mca mpool
foo" as the other frameworks (i.e., that case would fail earlier).
The patch was for mpool_base_module_create().

Cisco Systems