Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] MPI Message Communication over TCP/IP
From: pranav jadhav (pranavjadhav_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-16 05:50:13

Hi All,

I am new to MPI library. I downloaded and started using OpenMPI library to
build MPI programs. I wanted to know how does MPI program communicates over
the network. I am trying to trace the flow of MPI_Send and MPI_Bcast APIS to
find the actual send/recv calls being used for sending the packets over the
network. I was trying to look into the code , I found some tcp related
socket connections in code base in "ompi/mca/btl/tcp/" but I am not able to
figureout how does MPI_Send works. Please if anyone knows how MPI_Send and
MPI_Recv APIs works for communicating over network,please let me know.

Thankyou,

Regards,
Pranav Jadhav
Stony Brook University