Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] SM init failures
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-31 16:54:23

On Mar 31, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Eugene Loh wrote:

> The thing I was wondering about was memory barriers. E.g., you
> initialize stuff and then post the FIFO pointer. The other guy sees
> the
> FIFO pointer before the initialized memory.

We do do memory barriers during that SM startup sequence. I haven't
checked in a while, but I thought we were doing the right kinds of
barriers in the right order...

But George mentioned on the call today that they may have found the
issue, but they're testing it. He didn't explain what the issue was
in case he was wrong. ;-)

Cisco Systems