Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] MCA component dependency
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-27 21:54:56

On Mar 25, 2009, at 6:09 PM, Aurélien Bouteiller wrote:

> I'm trying to state that a particular component depends on another
> that should therefore be dlopened automatically when it is loaded. I
> found some code doing exactly that in
> mca_base_component_find:open_component, but can't find any example of
> how to actually trigger that code path. Does anybody have a clue of
> what should I do to declare the list of dependencies of my component ?

What, you want documentation? ;-)

Let's say you have a BTL component named auri, which therefore
generates btl_auri.la (etc.). You can have a text file named
btl_auri.ompi_info with a line in it like this:

dependency = btl:jeff

This will load btl_jeff.la before btl_auri.la.

It looks like the parser code here was never updated to the more
modern flex-based key=value parser. It also looks like each
dependency line can only take a single value (vs. say, a comma-
delimited list). But it looks like you can have multiple dependency
lines.

This code used to work, but it hasn't been checked in forever...
Extra bonus points if you update to the flex parser and allow comma/
whitespace-delimited lists (I think we have a utility parser function
for that somewhere in opal...?).

Cisco Systems