Subject: [OMPI devel] SM init failures
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-26 09:02:50

Hi folks

It looks like the SM revisions we inserted into 1.3.2 are a great
detector for shared memory init failures - it segfaulted 143 times
last night on IU's sif computer, 34 times on Sun/Linux, and 3 times on
Sun/SunOS...almost every single time due to "Address not mapped"
errors in the sm btl during init.

Might be worth someone looking at the MTT output stack traces -this is
something that now appears to be reproducible, and should be addressed
before we release 1.3.2 as it seems far more likely to happen than in
the past.

Ralph