Subject: [OMPI devel] OMPI 1.3 - PERUSE peruse_comm_spec_t peer Negative Value
From: Samuel K. Gutierrez (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-21 20:18:54

Hi All,

I'm writing a simple profiling library which utilizes PERUSE. My callback
function counts communication events (see example code below). I noticed
that in OMPI v1.3 spec->peer is sometimes a negative value (OMPI v1.2.6
did not exhibit this behavior). I added some boundary checks, but it
seems as if this is a bug? I hope I'm not missing something...

The peruse test provided in the OMPI v1.3 source exhibits similar behavior:
mpirun -np 2 ./mpi_peruse | grep peer:-1

int callback(peruse_event_h event_h, MPI_Aint unique_id,
peruse_comm_spec_t *spec, void *param) {
    if (spec->peer == rank) {
        return MPI_SUCCESS;
    }
    rrCounts[spec->peer]++;