Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.3.1 fails with GM
From: Patrick Geoffray (patrick_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-20 15:27:44

Hi Christian,

Christian Siebert wrote:
> I just gave the new release 1.3.1 a go. While Ethernet and InfiniBand
> seem to work properly, I noticed that Myrinet/GM compiles fine but gives
> a segmentation violation in the first attempt to communicate (MPI_Send
> in a simple "hello world" application). Is GM not supported anymore or
> is it just too old so that nobody tested it?

GM itself is supported and maintenance releases are tested (no more
development releases), but Open-MPI/GM is not tested at the moment. GM
does not run on Myri-10G NICs, so we have to use a smaller pool of
machines with Myrinet 2000 NICs in them. Human usage and MTT runs for
Open-MPI/MX have priority and MTT for Open-MPI/GM has not run for a
while :-(

We will try to resume MTT testing with Open-MPI/GM when we have the
resources. In the meantime, we'll look into the segfault.

Patrick