Agreed - thanks for the help!
At the moment, almost none of the 1.3.2 CMRs apply cleanly... :-/
That's the source of my concern with a change that would hit so many
On Mar 20, 2009, at 6:45 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> This sounds reasonable -- small changes are always appreciated. If
> we can hold off on the big patch until 1.3 is about to morph into
> 1.4, that would be good.
> Can you remind us about this issue when 1.3.2 gets out the door?
> (sorry, not trying to be a jerk; I just know that my short term
> memory is so non-existent that I'll have forgotten about it by
> then :-( ...what were we talking about again?)
> On Mar 19, 2009, at 5:12 PM, Rainer Keller wrote:
>> Hi Ralph,
>> On Wednesday 18 March 2009 09:00:36 am Ralph Castain wrote:
>> > Could we hold off on this until after 1.3.2 is out the door and
>> has a
>> > couple of days to stabilize? All these header file changes are
>> > it more difficult to cleanly apply patches to the 1.3 branch.
>> Hmm, sure, we can hold off the big patch.
>> With the current plan, 1.3.2 should be out on 4/3.
>> Some intermediate (small!) steps however I'd still like to be able
>> to apply?
>> > When we get past the next couple of weeks, the 1.3 branch should
>> > out the backlog of CMRs, and we should have the usual immediate
>> > fixes in to 1.3.2. Then this won't be such a problem.
>> However, it would be nice, if You could test the patch on Your
>> systems, prior
>> to me moving it into trunk. I want to limit the "down-time" of
>> trunk (There
>> may be a few places, where additional headers are required -- as
>> headers were removed in lower-level headers).
>> Rainer Keller, PhD Tel: +1 (865) 241-6293
>> Oak Ridge National Lab Fax: +1 (865) 241-4811
>> PO Box 2008 MS 6164 Email: keller_at_[hidden]
>> Oak Ridge, TN 37831-2008 AIM/Skype: rusraink
>> devel mailing list
> Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems
> devel mailing list