Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Final cleanup of included headers
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-20 08:45:27

This sounds reasonable -- small changes are always appreciated. If we
can hold off on the big patch until 1.3 is about to morph into 1.4,
that would be good.

Can you remind us about this issue when 1.3.2 gets out the door?
(sorry, not trying to be a jerk; I just know that my short term memory
is so non-existent that I'll have forgotten about it by then :-
( ...what were we talking about again?)

On Mar 19, 2009, at 5:12 PM, Rainer Keller wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
> On Wednesday 18 March 2009 09:00:36 am Ralph Castain wrote:
> > Could we hold off on this until after 1.3.2 is out the door and
> has a
> > couple of days to stabilize? All these header file changes are
> making
> > it more difficult to cleanly apply patches to the 1.3 branch.
> Hmm, sure, we can hold off the big patch.
> With the current plan, 1.3.2 should be out on 4/3.
>
> Some intermediate (small!) steps however I'd still like to be able
> to apply?
>
> > When we get past the next couple of weeks, the 1.3 branch should
> clear
> > out the backlog of CMRs, and we should have the usual immediate
> "oops"
> > fixes in to 1.3.2. Then this won't be such a problem.
> However, it would be nice, if You could test the patch on Your
> systems, prior
> to me moving it into trunk. I want to limit the "down-time" of trunk
> (There
> may be a few places, where additional headers are required -- as
> unnecessary
> headers were removed in lower-level headers).
>
> Thanks,
> Rainer

Cisco Systems