Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Final cleanup of included headers
From: Rainer Keller (keller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-19 17:12:33

Hi Ralph,
On Wednesday 18 March 2009 09:00:36 am Ralph Castain wrote:
> Could we hold off on this until after 1.3.2 is out the door and has a
> couple of days to stabilize? All these header file changes are making
> it more difficult to cleanly apply patches to the 1.3 branch.
Hmm, sure, we can hold off the big patch.
With the current plan, 1.3.2 should be out on 4/3.

Some intermediate (small!) steps however I'd still like to be able to apply?

> When we get past the next couple of weeks, the 1.3 branch should clear
> out the backlog of CMRs, and we should have the usual immediate "oops"
> fixes in to 1.3.2. Then this won't be such a problem.
However, it would be nice, if You could test the patch on Your systems, prior
to me moving it into trunk. I want to limit the "down-time" of trunk (There
may be a few places, where additional headers are required -- as unnecessary
headers were removed in lower-level headers).

Thanks,
Rainer

Rainer Keller, PhD                  Tel: +1 (865) 241-6293
Oak Ridge National Lab          Fax: +1 (865) 241-4811
PO Box 2008 MS 6164           Email: keller_at_[hidden]
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-2008    AIM/Skype: rusraink