Subject: [OMPI devel] Next week: WebEx remote attendance of OpenFabrics Sonoma conference
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-16 10:52:39

OpenFabrics is having its annual Sonoma meeting next week (see http://www.openfabrics.org/Sonoma.pdf
  for more details).

The event will be "simulcast" on Cisco WebEx *for free* for those who
cannot attend in person. WebEx attendees will see the slides and hear
the in-room presenters. I'm told that they're going to setup an audio
link in the conference room such that WebEx attendees will be able to
be heard over the in-room audio system, too.

You may be interested to browse through the current agenda to see if
there are any sessions that you might want to attend via WebEx(http://www.openfabrics.org/Sonoma2009preliminaryagenda.pdf
  -- go to http://www.openfabrics.org/ if that preliminary agenda link
expires). In particular, you may care about this session:

     MPI Panel: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 (I'll be presenting along with
several other MPI implementors)
       * 1:30pm San Francisco (US Pacific time)
       * 4:30pm New York (US Eastern time)
       * 9:30pm Paris
       * 2:00am Bangalore
       * REMEMBER THAT THE US HAS ALREADY CHANGED TIME THIS SPRING!
         See this URL for time translation to your local time zone:
         http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=3&day=23&year=2009&p1=224&p2=179&p3=195&p4=438&iv=0

WebEx dialin information will be sent later this week. I wanted to
send out this announcement before the dialin information was available
to give people time to adjust their schedules to attend sessions next
week.

Cisco Systems