Subject: [OMPI devel] PML Start error?
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-27 17:34:00

I'm looking at pml_ob1_start.c. It loops over requests and starts
them. It makes some decision about whether an old request can be reused
or if a new one must be allocated/initialized. So, there is a variable
named reuse_old_request. It's initialized to "true", but if a new
request must be alloced/inited, then it's set to false.

The thing is, this variable is initialized to true only once, at entry
to the function and outside the loop over requests. This strikes me as
wrong. It appears that if ever the variable is set to false, it will
remain so until the end of the function. I would think the intent is
for the variable to be reset to true at the start of every iteration.

Yes/no?