Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: eliminating "descriptor" argument from sendi function
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-23 10:37:48

I sense an opening here and rush in for the kill...

And, why does the PML pass a BTL argument into the sendi function?
First, the BTL argument is not typically used. Second, if the BTL sendi
function wants to know what BTL it is,... uh, doesn't it already
know??? Doesn't a BTL know who it is? Why, then, should the PML have
to tell it?

So, how about removing the BTL argument as well?