Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] workspace management question
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-19 13:28:12

On Feb 19, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Eugene Loh wrote:

> Okay, thanks for all the feedback. New version is at:
>
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/
> UsingMercurial#Developmentcycle
>
> If everyone is happy with that, I'll remove the old version, along
> with the diagram.

FWIW, I think your text is generally good enough (some nits below).
You might want to say that "this is one way" or somesuch, because
there are other variants (e.g., I typically commit multiple times
before pushing, etc.). But I doubt it's worth going into that much
detail.

Minor nits:

- On the "put back to SVN" side, note that you might need to SVN add/
remove as well (i.e., if you added or removed stuff in hg). It's also
common to need to update various svn:ignore properties.

- On the "commit to my local hg" side, it's not always a good idea to
just run a top-level "hg addremove" -- that may slurp in some kruft
files that you have in your workspace. I usually use a finer-grained
"hg add file1 file2 ..." approach (because I've been burned by the top-
level "hg addremove" approach before).

Cisco Systems