Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] possible bugs and unexpected values in returned errors classes
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-19 12:01:18

I don't see how you reach this conclusion. Based on my reading of the
standard, MPI_ERRHANDLER_NULL is a valid error handler defined as "no"
errorhandler. Kind of similar with MPI_REQUEST_NULL ...

Moreover, I don't agree with some of the other changes, more
specifically with the one related to the MPI_Request_get_status. Here
is a paragraph from the MPI 2.1 standard about MPI_Waitall page 59
line 24: "The list may contain null or inactive handles. The call sets
to empty the status of each such entry." This basically tells me that
the status of the MPI_REQUEST_NULL should be the empty status (defined
in the MPI standard) and not any kind of errors (i.e MPI_ERR_ARG).

   george.