On Feb 16, 2009, at 9:14 AM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> After running my testsuite again and next looking at
> "ompi/mpi/c/comm_set_errhandler.c", I noticed that
> MPI_Comm_set_errhandler() do return MPI_ERR_COMM when invalid
> communicators are passed. IMHO, for the sake of consistency, you
> should fix MPI_Comm_get_errhandler() to behave the same as the setter.
> Would this rationale be enough?
Looks like we're a bit all over the map:
- comm_set_errhandler: mpi_err_comm
- comm_get_errhandler: mpi_err_arg
- file_set_errhandler: mpi_err_file
- file_get_errhandler: mpi_err_file
- win_set_errhandler: mpi_err_arg
- win_get_errhandler: mpi_err_arg
I agree that it would be good to have these all be consistent. Just
to be sure: are you saying you'd prefer MPI_ERR_COMM|FILE|WIN for each
of these (respectively), vs. all of them returning MPI_ERR_ARG?