Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] workspace management question
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-17 13:06:48

Ah! Sorry; I thought we had some discussion about that but perhaps it
was forgotten. :-\

Here's what I typically run to bring down changes from SVN to HG:

# Ensure all the latest hg repo changes are in the working dir
hg up
# Bring in all the SVN changes
svn up
# Refresh the .hgignore file (may change due to the svn up)
./contrib/hg/build-hgignore.pl
# Add / remove any files to hg
hg addremove
# Now commit to hg
hg ci -m "Up to SVN rzzzzz"

Would you mind adding something like this to the wiki page?

On Feb 17, 2009, at 1:02 PM, Eugene Loh wrote:

> I've been wading through this page over and over, but can't seem to
> find this particular tidbit.
>
> If you have the OMPI SVN repository, a combo SVN/HG area, and an HG
> clone (the pictures on that web page would have you going from left
> to right), then the page tells you:
>
> 1) How to populate these repositories initially, going from left to
> right.
> 2) How to bring changes back from your HG workspace to OMPI SVN,
> going from right to left.
>
> I'm asking about something that I can't find discussed. Namely, how
> do you propagate subsequent updates from left to right. I'm
> guessing that if I'm in my combo workspace, after I do an "svn up",
> I do an "hg commit", but I'm losing my brains trying to keep all
> this stuff synced up. (Your work on eliminating SVN sounds
> appealing.)
>
> Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
>> Check this wiki page out: https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/UsingMercurial
>>
>> On Feb 17, 2009, at 12:36 PM, Eugene Loh wrote:
>>
>>> Let's say I have a combo SVN/HG workspace.
>>>
>>> Let's say someone makes changes to the trunk. I guess I bring
>>> those over to my combo workspace with "svn up". Yes? How then
>>> do I make the HG side of the combo repository see those updates?

Cisco Systems