Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Announcing searchable OMPI source code tree
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-14 11:23:18

Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Indiana U. has added another service to the Open MPI web site: a
> fully indexed and searchable database of Open MPI source code
> trees. There's a link under "Source Code Access" entitled
> "Searchable source tree" on the OMPI web site that takes you to
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/source/ (get the CA cert from
> http://www.cs.indiana.edu/Facilities/FAQ/Mail/csci.crt to avoid SSL
> certificate warnings from your browser).
>
> This site, powered by OpenGrok, is a "wicked fast" searchable
> database of both the Open MPI SVN trunk and v1.3 release branch.

Some cool (IMHO) stuff:

E.g., search on "mca_btl_sm_send" and get here:
https://svn.open-mpi.org/source/xref/ompi_1.3/ompi/mca/btl/sm/btl_sm.c#798

But I like embedding such links in notes I have so that I can quickly
see the source for something I wrote a note about. So, you can have
"symbolic" links like this (replace line number by function name):
https://svn.open-mpi.org/source/xref/ompi_1.3/ompi/mca/btl/sm/btl_sm.c#mca_btl_sm_send
Or, refer to a specific rev
https://svn.open-mpi.org/source/xref/ompi_1.3/ompi/mca/btl/sm/btl_sm.c?r=20298#798
(You can't seem to use a #funcname when you specify a rev.)

Anyhow, you can click in the window to see the definition of something.
E.g., at this URL, we see source code that calls MCA_BTL_SM_FIFO_WRITE.
We click on it and get taken to the definition of that macro. (This has
limited utility in Open MPI, where so many functions are dynamically
defined at run time. Sigh.)

Anyhow, much more functional and faster than the trac source browser, IMHO.