Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: Eliminate ompi/class/ompi_[circular_buffer_]fifo.h
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-12 11:53:49

RFC: Eliminate ompi/class/ompi_[circular_buffer_]fifo.h

WHAT: Eliminate those two include files.

WHY: These include files are only used by the sm BTL. They
are not generally usable. Further, the sm BTL will soon no
longer use them. The current FIFOs support only a single sender
each and we want multiple senders to be able to share a common
FIFO. The current FIFOs also can grow without bound, which is
complicated support that we don't think we need.

WHERE: Two include files: ompi/class/ompi_[circular_buffer_]fifo.h

WHEN: "Immediately". Intended for 1.3.x.

TIMEOUT: February 20, 2009.