Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] bug in openmpi-1.3/ompi/mpi/f77/profile/pcart_coords_f.c
From: Christoph van Wüllen (vanWullen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-06 03:25:12

Am 05.02.2009 um 17:39 schrieb Jeff Squyres:

> On Feb 4, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Christoph van Wüllen wrote:
>
>> I came across OpenMPI because it seems to be the only MPI
>> implementation
>> which supports 64-bit integers in FORTRAN, so I had a huge propensity
>> stepping into this bug.
>

> Since I was the one that championed the whole "what if fortran
> INTEGERs are different sizes than C int's?" stuff in OMPI, I glad
> that we finally have a user who needs it. :-D

In many cases, FORTRAN with 8-byte integers even work with
"plain vanilla" MPI libs, since a MPI_INTEGER8 data type
is usually available. However, there are cases where integer
pointers are passed to MPI calls (like MPI_COMM_RANK etc.), and
if you fail defining the parameter as "INTEGER*4" in your FORTRAN
program, then you are in trouble. So it is really nice to have
an MPI FORTRAN interface that works with 64-bit integers
natively.

Yours,

| Prof. Christoph van Wüllen | Tele-Phone (+49) (0)631 205 2749 |
| TU Kaiserslautern, FB Chemie | Tele-Fax (+49) (0)631 205 2750 |
| Erwin-Schrödinger-Str. | |
| D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany | vanWullen_at_[hidden] |
| |
| HomePage: http://www.chemie.uni-kl.de/wcms/ag-vanwullen.html |