Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Move of ompi_bitmap_t
From: Broto, Laurent G. (broto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-01 11:40:36

Hi folks,

I am Laurent Broto, a Rich Graham postdoc. I'm currently working on the BTL extraction with Greg Koenig and Rainer Keller.

At this time, I want to group all the *_bitmap function in only one layer.

Now, you know who I am :)

So, just one question. I had in my mind:
- adding a max_size in the opal_bitmap_t structure,
- at the init time, set this field with INT_MAX or whatever the type is _MAX,
- add a set_max_size functions to change the max_size,
- for each function needs this test, just do if( new_size < param->max_size) ...

I guess it is more efficient than the Jeff approach who is supposed to
- first test if the max size has been set,
- then ensure that the bitmap never grows beyond that size.

In the first approach we only do one test, in the second one, always one and sometimes two.

But may I miss something...

What do you think about this ?

--
Laurent