Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Change of API in mpool
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-30 15:43:21

I think this fits into the same category of objections as to the other
RFC - it should be done in the tmp branch and held there until the
entire concept is validated.

In this case, my concern would focus solely on the question of
conversion time. Somewhere up the chain, somebody is passing an
ompi_info_t that eventually hits this level. At what level would we
have to convert that to an opal_list_t, and what timing would be
impacted by that conversion?

Minus that understanding, there really is no way to judge the
potential impact of this proposed change.

Ralph