Subject: [OMPI devel] Fun web site stats
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-27 19:04:24

Someone just asked me, so I pulled together a few fun web site stats:

- We released Open MPI v1.3 on Jan 19, 2009
- I enabled Google Analytics tracking of v1.3 downloads on Jan 20
- From Jan 1, 2008 to Jan 20, 2009, there were 9,741 downloads of Open
MPI v1.2 (including all sub-releases). This is about ~812/month, or
~187/week, or ~25/day
- After Jan 20, 2009, the number of v1.2 downloads drops off sharply
   (we changed the default download links on the web site to point to
v1.3)
- From Jan 20-Jan 26, there have been 235 downloads of Open MPI v1.3,
or ~39/day

These numbers *should* include downloads from our mirrors, but I've
never verified that.

These numbers do not include nightly tarball downloads; they only
include official release and release candidate tarballs and srpms.

Browsers
- 64% of our web site visitors use Firefox
- 17% use IE
- 7% use Safari

Traffic sources
- 68% of our traffic comes from Google searches
- 13% of our traffic comes from people typing in "www.open-mpi.org"
directly into their browser
- 3% comes from www.lam-mpi.org
- 2% comes from wikipedia

Keywords
- 22% search for "openmpi" (sigh)
- 7% search for "open mpi" (I still have more work to do!)

Visitors
- 32% of visitors are from the USA
- 7% are from Germany
- 6% are from France