Subject: [OMPI devel] koenig-btl addition: r20352
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-26 17:29:06

Laurent (I'm assuming Laurent is on devel; I don't have an e-mail
address for him):

In r20352, you added the BTL tree in the onet directory. I think
there are a few problems with this commit:

- you didn't svn copy or svn move from the btl tree, so all history
will be lost, and merging in changes from the trunk will be a PITA
(well, they'll likely be a PITA anyway...?)
- it looks like you did a "svn add" which included all the
automatically-generated files (e.g., .deps, static-
components.h, ...possibly others)

Also, I thought it was agreed that ORNL would be committing back the
name changes and other small things first (e.g., OMPI_HETEROGENEOUS ->
OPAL_HETEROGENEOUS) before doing the directory moves in order to be
able to apply small changes to the trunk incrementally. Has that
changed?

FWIW, if you do the directory moves *first*:

- you'll have a [much] larger "time window of vulnerability" for
changes to BTLs on the trunk that need to be hand-applied to your
moved directories
- the small changes that we talked about (e.g., s/OMPI/OPAL/) will
likely need to be done in a different branch and merged to the trunk
*and* to your directory-move branch

Cisco Systems