Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Fortran 90 Interface
From: David Robertson (robertson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-23 07:47:41

Hi,

> One question: you *are* using different HDF5/NetCDF4 installations for
> Open MPI and MPICH2, right? I.e., all the software that uses MPI needs
> to be separately compiled/installed against different MPI
> implementations. Case in point: if you have HDF5 compiled against
> MPICH2, it will not work properly with Open MPI-compiled MPI applications.

Yes, At this point I have more than 8 separate builds of HDF5/NetCDF-4
(4 compilers, each with MPICH2 and OpenMPI and 2 versions of both HDF5
and NetCDF-4 for some of the compilers). Perhaps I should build them
again with debugging since I can't seem to see the values of any of the
variables in those libraries with the debugger.

Dave