Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Fortran 90 Interface
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-22 22:10:57

On Jan 22, 2009, at 9:17 AM, David Robertson wrote:

> I have attached the requested info. I included the sources to the
> test program(s). I have left the copies of the .mod files. It should
> be mentioned that I did not write this code. It was written by the
> developer of the ROMS ocean model, Hernan Arango.
>
> I don't know how helpful this code will be unless you happen to have
> HDF5/NetCDF4 already installed. I looked at the code NetCDF4 uses to
> test parallel IO but it is all in C so it wasn't very helpful. If
> you have the NetCDF4 source code the parallel IO tests are in the
> nc_test4 directory.

Mm, yes, that would be difficult for me to build/run. Can you or your
developer trim it down to a small independent example?

FWIW, this is not happening for me -- I can call subroutines or
functions with MPI_COMM_WORLD and then use that value (which should be
0, btw) to call an MPI function such as MPI_COMM_DUP.

Per your prior comment about the debugging not being able to find
MPI_COMM_WORLD -- perhaps the compiler is optimizing it out...? Or
perhaps it was transmorgified to lower case (i.e., try seeing if
"mpi_comm_world" exists -- I see it in your mpi.mod file)...?

Cisco Systems