Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: sm Latency
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-21 01:36:29

Richard Graham wrote:
On 1/20/09 8:53 PM, "Jeff Squyres" <jsquyres@cisco.com> wrote:

Eugene: you mentioned that there are other possibilities to having the
BTL understand match headers, such as a callback into the PML.  Have
you tried this approach to see what the performance cost would be,
perchance?

How is this different from the way matching is done today ?

I think it would be very similar to how matching is done today.  Again, however, trying to keep data structures to a minimum to shave latency off wherever we can.