Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] When can I use OOB channel?
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-20 10:13:15

Ah - no problem! Glad it was simple.

Be aware that the RML is the layer responsible for routing OOB
messages. So if you go through the OOB interface, you lose all message
routing - which means forcing open additional connections and
potentially confusing the system.

We should undoubtedly document that somewhere so others don't
mistakenly use the OOB interfaces directly.

Thanks for bringing this up!
Ralph