Pasha and I *think* we have a fix. However, we're not quite clear on
this part of the code, so we need some more testing and eyes on the
I'll start the tests now -- given that this is a low-frequency bug,
I'm going to run a slightly larger MTT run (several thousand tests)
that'll take a few hours (not the ~12 hours that my MTT run took
yesterday) and see if we can get reasonable confidence that we fixed it.
On Jan 15, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Unfortunately, I have to throw the flag in the v1.3 release. :-(
> I ran ~16k tests via MTT yesterday on the rc5 and rc6 tarballs. I
> found the following:
> Found test runs: 15962
> Passed: 15785 (98.89%)
> Failed: 83 (0.52%)
> --> Openib failures: 80 (0.50%)
> Skipped: 46 (0.29%)
> Timedout: 48 (0.30%)
> The 80 openib failures are all seemingly random segv's. I repeated
> a much smaller run this morning (about 700 runs) and still found a
> non-zero percentage of fails of the same flavor.
> The timeouts are a little worrysome as well.
> This unfortunately requires investigation. :-(
> Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems
> devel mailing list