Subject: [OMPI devel] This is why we test
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-15 09:05:09

Unfortunately, I have to throw the flag in the v1.3 release. :-(

I ran ~16k tests via MTT yesterday on the rc5 and rc6 tarballs. I
found the following:

Found test runs: 15962
Passed: 15785 (98.89%)
Failed: 83 (0.52%)
--> Openib failures: 80 (0.50%)
Skipped: 46 (0.29%)
Timedout: 48 (0.30%)

The 80 openib failures are all seemingly random segv's. I repeated a
much smaller run this morning (about 700 runs) and still found a non-
zero percentage of fails of the same flavor.

The timeouts are a little worrysome as well.

This unfortunately requires investigation. :-(

Cisco Systems