Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.3 PML default choice
From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-13 20:18:01

On Jan 13, 2009, at 5:48 PM, Patrick Geoffray wrote:

> Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> Gaah! I specifically asked Patrick and George about this and they
>> said that the README text was fine. Grr...
>
> When I looked at that time, I vaguely remember that _both_ PMLs were
> initialized but CM was eventually used because it was the last one.
> It looked broken, but it worked in the end (MTL was used with CM
> PML). I don't know if that behavior changed since.

I just tested 1.3rc4 with MX and it uses the btl by default. The
reason is the cm init lowers the priority to 1 unless the MTL that
loaded is psm, in which case it stays at the higher default of 30.
It's a fairly easy fix, I think. But the last time this was discussed
people in the group had objections to using the MTL by default with MX.

Brian